We are no longer accepting applications to our Winter 2021 cohort.
Half brand strategist, half copywriter, but stronger than both.
At Viget our branding team is made up of creative problem solvers who think like strategists and write like copywriters.
We’re involved at almost every stage of a project’s development — from research, to strategy, to creative execution, to testing.
We filter databases and we write taglines. We pitch strategies and we craft headlines. We design user testing intercepts and we draft voice and tone guides.
And we’re looking for an apprentice.
If you’re a strategic thinker who wants to finally turn those “big ideas” into a reality, or a fearless writer who wants to stop “wordsmithing” and start “wordsolving” — we’d love to meet you.
- The Branding Apprenticeship is offered as a remote position this year for US-based candidates.
- The apprenticeship lasts 10 weeks, from January 19 to March 26, 2021.
- Apprentices are expected to work 40 hours/week (9-5, M-F, but we can be flexible).
- Total compensation of $6,000.
- You must have the permanent, legal right to work in the US. We are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.
About You (You may not be all of these things yet, and that's okay.):
- You’re smart. You can quickly understand complex subjects and have a knack for explaining them succinctly.
- You are an amazing storyteller.
- You write and speak well. You take pride in the quality of your writing and can help others improve as well.
- You’re organized. Good content is tight. Succinct. Purposeful. Structured. You reflect these qualities in your work habits.
- You’re persuasive. Whether you’re writing a creative brief or having a friendly debate over lunch, you’re known for your ability to make a strong case for your opinion, and others tend to follow you.
- You collaborate well. This is a team effort. You are intellectually humble, kind, driven, encouraging, and inspiring.
- You have experience, or if not experience, a keen interest in web writing, creative concept development, brand and content strategy, and strategic creative thinking. IA/UX/web design-curious is a plus.
- You want a professional career that is focused on branding, creative problem solving, and devastatingly poignant copywriting.
What You'll Learn:
- You’ll develop your creative taste, learn how to distinguish good ideas from bad, and understand what separates the two.
- You’ll gain an understanding of key project deliverables.
- You’ll participate in user and stakeholder research and learn to identify useful insights.
- You’ll brainstorm ideas with your creative partners.
- You’ll identify core communication problems and goals.
- You'll articulate key opportunities within seemingly intractable business problems.
- You’ll develop strategic and creative solutions driven by insights.
- You’ll take ideas from concept to execution.
- You’ll receive and apply feedback.
- You’ll learn how to refine and improve your ideas.
- You’ll learn how to present work to clients in a clear and compelling way.
- You’ll understand what it takes to successfully champion your ideas and push back when necessary.
How to Apply:
We are no longer accepting applications to our Winter 2021 cohort. We’ll begin sharing info on our Fall 2021 program in the summer of 2021. In the meantime, if you’re interested in our program, feel free to send us an email to introduce yourself.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we’re committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We value the new perspectives and contributions of each person who joins Viget. In order to meet the diverse needs of our clients and make the digital world better for everyone, we seek to expand the diversity of our team. We designed the Viget Apprenticeship for individuals early in their careers and career changers to accelerate their professional development in their chosen field, and we encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
Before you get in touch, feel free to learn more about Emily and Margaret on Viget's People Team. You can also get to know us better on Twitter, Flickr, Vimeo, Instagram, Facebook, Dribbble, and by exploring pointlesscorp.com.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.