Brand Strategists help us create amazing digital experiences by telling stories that strengthen the connection between our clients and their audiences. What makes the role different at Viget is that our brand strategists are also our copywriters — they develop a client’s core communication strategy and then write the strategy’s audience-facing messaging.
We’ve essentially mashed two traditional agency roles (brand strategist + copywriter) into an exciting new hybrid.
A Stratiter. A Copyist.
OK, let’s just call it “a creative brand strategist who can write like a copywriter.”
Effective brand strategies and authentic, conversational writing aren’t spun out of thin air — they’re developed by gaining a deep understanding of an organization's fundamental truths and identity. As a Brand Strategist, you’ll be responsible for creative strategic thinking and engaging messaging. You’ll collaborate closely with Creative Directors, Art Directors, Designers, and UX Designers to launch successful digital products and experiences.
- You’re smart. You can quickly understand complex subjects and have a knack for explaining them succinctly in writing or speaking.
- You are an amazing storyteller.
- You write and speak well. You take pride in the quality of your writing and can help others improve as well. You have an opinion about the Oxford Comma and double spaces after periods, and you know you’re right.
- You’re organized. Good content is tight. Succinct. Logical. Structured. You reflect these qualities in your work habits.
- You’re persuasive. Whether you’re writing a creative brief or having a friendly debate over beers, you’re known for being able to make a strong case for your opinion, and others tend to follow you.
- You collaborate well. This is a team effort. You are humble, kind, demanding, encouraging, and inspiring.
- You have experience in web writing, creative concept development, brand and content strategy, and strategic creative thinking. IA/UX/web design-curious is a bonus.
The ideal candidate also has these interests and experiences:
- You’re a web person, and an early-adopter at that. Some even call you tech-savvy.
- You have great user experience instincts. You know how and when to lean on a specialized UX designer, but you also know how valuable your input on content can be.
- You’re knowledgeable when it comes to digital marketing and marketing strategy overall.
- You have a college degree and probably 3-8 years of experience, including some time working at a creative agency.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with a creative design partner to research, concept, and develop the creative strategies that form the foundation of our work.
- Use the strategies you develop to write engaging, on-brand, audience-facing, copywriter-level-of-quality messaging
- Generate cohesive, persuasive copy that makes our work more human-friendly, usable, and enjoyable.
- Draft copy for clients with existing brand strategies and guidelines, and ensure that your copy is consistent with those brands. Note that our brand clients include WWF, ESPN, Ad Council, and many others -- so, versatility is key.
- Contribute to content strategy efforts in close collaboration with our UX team.
- Contribute to brainstorming sessions for sales pitches, and collaborate with designers to set the tone for specific presentations. Write the persuasive parts of sales presentations and proposals.
How to Apply:
Please use the form below to introduce yourself and explain why you want to work at Viget, and how your previous experience relates to the position described. Examples of your previous work are also much appreciated.
Before you get in touch, feel free to learn more about Erica and Margaret on Viget's People Team. You can also get to know us better on Twitter, Flickr, Vimeo, Instagram, Facebook, and by exploring pointlesscorp.com.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Viget maintains a drug-free workplace. Please note, we are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.