We are no longer accepting applicants to our Fall 2020 cohort.
Brand Strategists help us create amazing digital experiences by telling stories that strengthen the connection between our clients and their audiences.
What makes the role different at Viget is that our brand strategists are also our copywriters — they develop a client’s core communication strategy and then write the strategy’s audience-facing messaging.
We’ve essentially mashed two traditional agency roles (brand strategist + copywriter) into an exciting new hybrid.
A Stratiter. A Copyist.
OK, let’s just call it “a creative brand strategist who can write like a copywriter.”
Effective brand strategies and authentic, conversational writing aren’t spun out of thin air — they’re developed by gaining a deep understanding of an organization's fundamental truths and identity. As our Brand Strategist Apprentice, you’ll work closely with a Creative Director to learn about creative strategic thinking and the art of engaging messaging as you explore the inner workings of a digital agency.
- The Brand Strategist Apprenticeship is offered as a remote position this year for US-based candidates.
- The apprenticeship lasts 10 weeks, from September 14 to November 20.
- Apprentices are expected to work 40 hours/week (9-5, M-F, but we can be flexible).
- Total compensation of $6,000.
- You must have the permanent, legal right to work in the US. We are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.
About You (You may not be all of these things yet, and that's okay!):
- You’re smart. You can quickly understand complex subjects and have a knack for explaining them succinctly in writing or speaking.
- You are an amazing storyteller.
- You write and speak well. You take pride in the quality of your writing and can help others improve as well. You have an opinion about the Oxford Comma and double spaces after periods, and you know you’re right.
- You’re organized. Good content is tight. Succinct. Logical. Structured. You reflect these qualities in your work habits.
- You’re persuasive. Whether you’re writing a creative brief or having a friendly debate over lunch, you’re known for being able to make a strong case for your opinion, and others tend to follow you.
- You collaborate well. This is a team effort. You are humble, kind, demanding, encouraging, and inspiring.
- You’re a web person, and an early adopter at that. You sleep, perchance to dream of pixels. Lenovo’s folding tablet prototype blew your mind grapes.
- You have experience, or if not experience, a burning interest in web writing, creative concept development, brand and content strategy, and strategic creative thinking. IA/UX/web design-curious is a bonus.
- You’re keen to become a professional copywriter.
What You'll Learn:
- You’ll learn to develop your creative taste — to distinguish good ideas from bad, and understand what separates the two.
- You’ll gain an understanding of key project deliverables.
- You’ll participate in lightweight research and learn to identify useful research results.
- You’ll brainstorm and articulate ideas with your creative partners.
- You’ll identify core communication problems and goals.
- You’ll create deliverables that successfully convey ideas and recommendations.
- You'll learn to identify key insights about business problems.
- You’ll develop strategic solutions driven by insights.
- You’ll learn how to take ideas from concept to execution.
- You’ll use greyboxing and sketching to clearly communicate your ideas.
- You’ll receive and apply feedback and critique.
- You’ll learn how to refine and improve your executional ideas.
- You’ll learn how to present work to clients in a clear and compelling way.
- You’ll learn how to effectively sell creative work.
- You’ll understand what it takes to successfully champion your ideas and push back when necessary.
- You’ll learn how to be proactive about getting work — both internally and externally.
How to Apply:
Please use the form below to introduce yourself. We ask that everyone attach their resume and submit a thoughtful cover letter, which we hope will include specifics about your interest in the Viget Apprenticeship program and how your previous experience and career goals relate to the position described. The form goes directly to Margaret, so feel free to write it as an email to her. She will reply as soon as possible. Examples of your previous work are also much appreciated. Note: If you're interested in more than one Apprenticeship role, you only need to submit one application. You'll have a chance to let us know later on if you'd like to be considered for more than one role.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we’re committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We value the new perspectives and contributions of each person who joins Viget. In order to meet the diverse needs of our clients and make the digital world better for everyone, we seek to expand the diversity of our team. We designed the Viget Apprenticeship to accelerate the professional development of career-changers and individuals early in their careers, and we encourage people from underrepresented groups in particular to apply.
Before you get in touch, feel free to learn more about Emily and Margaret on Viget's People Team. You can also get to know us better on Twitter, Flickr, Vimeo, Instagram, Facebook, and by exploring pointlesscorp.com.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.