Brand Strategists help us create amazing digital experiences by telling stories that strengthen the connection between our clients and their audiences.
What makes the role different at Viget is that our brand strategists are also our copywriters — they develop a client’s core communication strategy and then write the strategy’s audience-facing messaging.
We’ve essentially mashed two traditional agency roles (brand strategist + copywriter) into an exciting new hybrid.
A Stratiter. A Copyist.
OK, let’s just call it “a creative brand strategist who can write like a copywriter.”
Effective brand strategies and authentic, conversational writing aren’t spun out of thin air — they’re developed by gaining a deep understanding of an organization's fundamental truths and identity. As our Brand Strategist Apprentice, you’ll work closely with a Creative Director to learn about creative strategic thinking and the art of engaging messaging as you explore the inner workings of a digital agency.
- The Brand Strategist Apprenticeship is offered at our Headquarters in Falls Church, VA.
- The apprenticeship lasts 10 weeks, from September 16 to November 22.
- Apprentices are expected to work 40 hours/week (9-5, M-F, but we can be flexible).
- Total compensation of $6,000.
- Relocation is not provided.
- You must have the permanent, legal right to work in the US. We do not sponsor visas.
About You (You may not be all of these things yet, and that's okay!):
- You’re smart. You can quickly understand complex subjects and have a knack for explaining them succinctly in writing or speaking.
- You are an amazing storyteller.
- You write and speak well. You take pride in the quality of your writing and can help others improve as well. You have an opinion about the Oxford Comma and double spaces after periods, and you know you’re right.
- You’re organized. Good content is tight. Succinct. Logical. Structured. You reflect these qualities in your work habits.
- You’re persuasive. Whether you’re writing a creative brief or having a friendly debate over beers, you’re known for being able to make a strong case for your opinion, and others tend to follow you.
- You collaborate well. This is a team effort. You are humble, kind, demanding, encouraging, and inspiring.
- You’re a web person, and an early adopter at that. You sleep, perchance to dream of pixels. Lenovo’s folding tablet prototype blew your mind grapes.
- You have experience, or if not experience, a burning interest in web writing, creative concept development, brand and content strategy, and strategic creative thinking. IA/UX/web design-curious is a bonus.
- You’re keen to become a professional copywriter.
What You'll Learn:
- You’ll learn to develop your creative taste — to distinguish good ideas from bad, and understand what separates the two.
- You’ll gain an understanding of key project deliverables.
- You’ll participate in lightweight research and learn to identify useful research results.
- You’ll brainstorm and articulate ideas with a wide range of creative partners.
- You’ll identify core communication problems and goals.
- You’ll create deliverables that successfully convey ideas and recommendations.
- You'll learn to identify key insights about business problems.
- You’ll develop strategic solutions driven by insights.
- You’ll learn how to take ideas from concept to execution.
- You’ll use greyboxing and sketching to clearly communicate your ideas.
- You’ll receive and apply feedback and critique.
- You’ll learn how to refine and improve your executional ideas.
- You’ll learn how to present work to clients in a clear and compelling way.
- You’ll learn how to effectively sell creative work.
- You’ll understand what it takes to successfully champion your ideas and push back when necessary.
- You’ll learn how to be proactive about getting work — both internally and externally.
How to Apply:
Please attach your resume and submit a cover letter discussing why you want to apprentice at Viget, and how your previous experience relates to the position described. Examples of your previous work are also much appreciated. Apply by August 9, 2019.
Before you get in touch, feel free to learn more about Emily, Erica, and Carolyn on Viget's People Team. You can also get to know us better on Twitter, Flickr, Vimeo, Instagram, Facebook, and by exploring pointlesscorp.com.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Viget maintains a drug-free workplace. Please note, we are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.