Our teams also collaborate directly with clients that offer great variety -- from major brands like ESPN and Dick’s Sporting Goods to world-changing nonprofits like WWF and WCS to emerging startups and tech leaders like Google. Viget == variety.
Our Application Developers:
- Have formal software development training and/or practical experience building web applications in Ruby on Rails, Python / Django, or similar frameworks.
- Embody our core values of integrity, work ethic, collaboration, creativity, and lifelong learning (especially important as we continually evaluate and embrace new technologies).
- Enjoy working in our collaborative environment that balances team-wide communication (e.g., daily stand-ups, Slack discussions, code review), occasional pair programming sessions, and frequent blocks of focused, uninterrupted work time for independent work.
- Speak and write well.
- Have a firm grasp on relational database design and normalization.
- Enjoy working with distributed version control systems (git is our favorite).
- Care about modern best practices, including code reviews, continuous integration and deployment, and iterative development.
- Can manage their own server configuration and deployment setup in a pinch.
- Love working alongside our award-winning design team.
- Actively participate in the developer / technology community by contributing to open source projects, attending (and in some cases speaking at) events, and/or writing articles.
- Value mentorship, learning, and sharing knowledge.
To be considered to work at Viget, you should exhibit these characteristics, too.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume, examples of your work, and a thoughtful email that includes specifics about your responsibilities and how you approach your work to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your salary requirements.
Compensation is commensurate with experience. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please note, we are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time. We look forward to meeting you!