Our teams also collaborate directly with clients that offer great variety -- from major brands like ESPN and Dick’s Sporting Goods to world-changing nonprofits like WWF and WCS to emerging startups and tech leaders like Google. Viget == variety.
Our Application Developers:
- Have formal software development training and/or practical experience building web applications in Ruby on Rails, Python / Django, or similar frameworks.
- Embody our core values of integrity, work ethic, collaboration, creativity, and lifelong learning (especially important as we continually evaluate and embrace new technologies).
- Enjoy working in our collaborative environment that balances team-wide communication (e.g., daily stand-ups, Slack discussions, code review), occasional pair programming sessions, and frequent blocks of focused, uninterrupted work time for independent work.
- Speak and write well.
- Have a firm grasp on relational database design and normalization.
- Enjoy working with distributed version control systems (git is our favorite).
- Care about modern best practices, including code reviews, continuous integration and deployment, and iterative development.
- Can manage their own server configuration and deployment setup in a pinch.
- Love working alongside our award-winning design team.
- Actively participate in the developer / technology community by contributing to open source projects, attending (and in some cases speaking at) events, and/or writing articles.
- Value mentorship, learning, and sharing knowledge.
To be considered to work at Viget, you should exhibit these characteristics, too.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume, examples of your work, and a thoughtful email that includes specifics about your responsibilities and how you approach your work to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your salary requirements.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Viget maintains a drug-free workplace. Please note, we are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.